FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Service in General
- Q1. What is SMS?
- Q2. Please tell me about the service in general.
- Q3. Which company primarily provides this service?
- Q4. In which countries can I subscribe to the service?
- Q5. Is there a trial or free service period?
- Q6. Please tell me about your operational support.
What is SMS?
SMS (Short Message Service) is a service for sending and receiving short messages between mobile phones. It is also called a text messaging. SMS is a built-in function for almost all mobile phones including ones sold in Japan, and it supports international standards GSM/CDMA.
It also has the following features:
- Sends messages to phone numbers.
- Exchanges messages using voice communication control signals.
- Has a character limit per message of 160 for single-byte characters or 70 for double-byte characters (depending on the models).
Please tell me about the service in general.
It is an ASP service for corporate customers to broadcast (SMS or email) messages to users pre-registered by administrators via the Internet. Reply options can be included in the message body, allowing interactive communications; users can reply to the message by sending a reply message with one of the reply options, and administrators can view the summarized results. Another key feature is the ability to check whether or not messages haves been successfully delivered to users.
Which company primarily provides this service?
Based on an application developed by DOCOMO, this service is primarily provided by Mobile Innovation Co., Ltd., DOCOMO's subsidiary company in Thailand.
To subscribe to this service, contact Mobile Innovation or the service distributor in your country.
In which countries can I subscribe to the service?
Service application and billing procedures vary depending on the country.
Currently, the service can be applied for in Thailand, which has the primary service provider, as well as Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, and Vietnam.
Is there a trial or free service period?
Trial service is provided free of charge for one month at your request.
Please tell me about your operational support.
Service support is provided via email.
24/7 in Japanese or English.
We will get back to you during business hours (10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekdays (except during holidays) [Local time in Japan]