November 19, 2009
NTT Com to Enhance OCN Services
NTT Communications (NTT Com) announced today that it will enhance its OCN Internet access services in Japan with single log-in and other new conveniences for the OCN top page, web-based email, blogging and file storage beginning November 24.
1. Single log-in will enable users to seamlessly access multiple NTT Com services after logging in just once with a registered OCN email address. The feature will be available for OCN’s top page, web-based email and blogs from November 24 and additional services starting in February 2010. Direct access to services within the NTT Group also will be possible once the group introduces a single sign-on system within the fiscal year ending next March.
2. The OCN top page will provide a space where user can place icons linked to their favorite services. Updates about unread-email and blogger comments can be also received from the top page. Content and icons in the space are customizable.
3. OCN Mail, the newly enhanced web-based email service, will offer a variety of convenient features. The interface has been upgraded with useful functions for address book, scheduling and to-do list. Linkage will be provided to applications such as scheduling, or those at NTT Resonant’s "goo" portal for easy access to maps, simply by clicking on a time and address written in an email message. Secure storage for emails will be expanded to 1 gigabyte, 10 times more than at present, and there will be no storage time limit.
4. Blog-jin, the OCN blog service, will provide free storage to 1 gigabyte, 10 times more than at present, and access analysis for counting and charting visitors.
5. The "cocoa Giga Storage" service for backing up, transferring and sharing files will offer expanded capacity to 10 gigabytes for just 315 yen per month. Offering five times more capacity than at present, the new service will be able to store approximately 10,000 standard photos.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar™ Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier-1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit www.ntt.com/index-e.html.