February 1, 2013
NTT Communications to Add Internal ESN Functions to Enterprise Cloud-based Mail Service
TOKYO, JAPAN - NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com) announced that it launched the Task Management Service as an ESN, enterprise social networking, option for the company’s cloud-based enterprise email service Biz Mail on February 1. The service facilitates both in-group and cross-departmental communication and collaboration for efficient project management and enhanced productivity and creativity.
NTT Com adopted ESN technologies from BroadVision, Inc., a provider of business and social networking solutions for enterprises, as the SNS option for Biz Mail to respond to increasing demand for SNS in the corporate world.
Specific functions offered with the Task Management Service include microblog, team collaboration, project management (in-group messaging and file sharing), task listing from email, and company-wide file sharing and collaboration with external partners. Primary features are as follow:
- Each project group has a dedicated space where members can see all related messaging threads and share files. History management for shared files enables members to collaborate on one file easily and efficiently.
- Users can assign a task to other members via email easily. Simply by sending a task assignment email, its content will be registered in recipient’s to-do list. If the email contains attachments, the sender can confirm if the attachments have been downloaded or not by the receiver.
- Saved files and messaging threads can be searched, enabling knowledge to be shared widely within the company. File versions and embedded comments also can be saved, allowing users to view detailed background information. Shared folders have a tree-shaped structure to facilitate file search.
- Users can register work experience and expertise on their profiles, so others can search easily for people with specific knowledge, thereby promoting the effective use of a company’s human resources for advice, project participation and more.
- Biz Mail’s new Task Management Service even strengthens project management with clients, subcontractors and other external members, backed by strict access control to eliminate security concerns.
The initial cost of the service is 30,000 yen and monthly fees are merely 150 yen per ID. The cost of additional storage is just 1,000 yen per 10GB for a client. The initial cost and monthly fees for Biz Mail basic service are separate.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company’s worldwide infrastructure, including leading global tier-1 IP network, Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching over 150 countries, and over 140 secure data centers. NTT Communications’ solutions leverage the global resources of NTT Group companies including Dimension Data, NTT DOCOMO and NTT DATA.
www.ntt.com | Twitter@NTT Communications | Facebook@NTT Communications | LinkedIn@NTT