Global Case Study
Eisai Co. : Detail
Supporting Global Operations for Eisai Co., Ltd & subsidiaries across the globe
Both companies faced challenges, with Eisai India in its initial startup phase and NTT Com India just starting independent operations.
Arcstar Global IP-VPN service
Eisai Co., Ltd. (Eisai Japan) is one of the few Japanese pharmaceutical companies that have undertaken aggressive global expansion since the 1960's. Eisai today has 30 overseas subsidiaries globally with operations in locations such as the USA, UK, Singapore, China and India. Below is Eisai's Asia Pacific network that was implemented by NTT Com.
Mr. Deepak A. Naik, Managing Director, Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Private Limited
Mr. Rohit Kadu, Executive Information Technology Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Private Limited.
Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt. Ltd. (Eisai India), a 100% subsidiary of Eisai Japan, became the first customer for NTT Com India (NTT Com India) in Sep 2005. Both companies faced challenges, with Eisai India in its initial startup phase and NTT Com India just starting independent operations.
Network access to its Centralized Internet Proxy Server, Consolidated Financial Data Collecting System, and Lotus Notes server, all collocated within NTT Com's International Datacenter in Japan, was the lifeline for Eisai India, and a reliable network solution was critical.
Eisai India chose NTT Com to implement and operate its network because of NTT Com's technological expertise demonstrated through the provisioning of Eisai's global MPLS network connecting other overseas offices, as well as NTT Com's global support services.
NTT Com India worked very closely with Eisai India in designing the network, and successfully project managed numerous critical issues including a last minute change of local access line providers, ensuring a smooth implementation.
- Reliable network: Smooth implementation of a high quality MPLS network enabling Eisai India access to its mission critical servers located in Tokyo headquarters.
- Speedy implementation: Eisai India's network was realized within 5 weeks, while projects in India usually take at least 6 weeks to implement.
- Flexible project management: Although the local access line provider had to be changed to another provider at the last minute due to an unexpected unavailability in capacity, NTT Com flexibly negotiated with an alternate provider to successfully meet the delivery date.
Voice of the Customer
- Eisai India is the first 100% subsidiary of a Japanese pharmaceutical company to begin operations in India, so this project was extremely important to us.
- We chose NTT Com in India because they had an excellent reputation from Eisai headquarters for handling our worldwide network successfully.
- NTT Com India worked diligently as the single point of contact during the whole process; network ordering, implementation and ongoing support in India. Eisai India has not been required to directly interact with any local service providers.
- NTT Com India has met our expectations of providing high quality services to Eisai India, maintaining 99.77% end-to-end uptime over 1 year, with failures mostly coming from the local access line.
- In consultation with Eisai Japan, Eisai India sees future opportunities to work with NTT Com India on domestic IT turn-key projects, WAN implementation and support in India.
For free consultation, pricing estimate and IT needs assessment to optimize your business infrastructure, please contact us