Global Case Study
Alibaba.com : Detail
Serving Alibaba.com's Mission Critical Requirements During the Taiwan Earthquake Incident
Outage of Global Network from Earthquake
Global IP Network
After the Taiwan earthquake on 26 December 2006, connections to North Asia - especially South Korea, Japan, China and Taiwan were seriously affected. It was estimated that 60% to 70% of all capacity in Asia was affected by the earthquake.
NTT Com Asia Limited (NTT Com Asia) provided Internet access to the world's leading B2B portal during the incident, resuming its business operation worldwide. It clearly demonstrated our commitment and capabilities to maintain highest availability and reliability of services to our customers.
Eight main cable segments serving the North Asia region were damaged in Taiwan earthquake incident. The business operations of global companies were seriously affected.
Alibaba.com, a leading e-commerce operator of the world's largest online marketplaces for both international and domestic China trade, was among those affected by the incident. Alibaba.com urgently required global network services to resume its services to its customers worldwide.
NTT Com Asia proposed effective solutions to meet the immediate global network needs from Alibaba.com and provided services within 48 hours.
Premium Overseas Connection via vIP-Net Global IP Connectivity
- Riding on NTT Communications' Tier 1 IP backbone, high-speed, fast Internet access, minimum latency and high throughput
- Extensive global coverage including China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, U.S. and Vietnam
- Reliable and stable Ring on Ring network infrastructure
- Full diversity on routes
- Round-the-clock (24 x 7 x 365) customer support
- SLA Commitment
World-class Data Centre Services to Ensure Stable IT Environment
- ISO Certified operations and support from a total quality management system
- Directly connected to one of the world's largest network - NTT Communications' global Tier 1 IP backbone network
- Offering remote hands and other support services by Command Centre (NOC)
- Dual IPS with diesel generator for uninterrupted power supply
- FM200 and pre-action systems for fire suppression
Alibaba. Com adopted the reliable and trouble-free solutions offered by NTT Com Asia, and the impact of the Taiwan earthquake incident to its business operation was minimized. Alibaba.com succeeded in maintaining its services to customers worldwide.
While most of the network users in the region cannot receive regular data, voice and IP services, Alibaba.com chose NTT Com Asia as its reliable partner to meet mission critical task. Mr. Andy Li, Technology VP of Alibaba.com was pleased by our service during the incident.
NTT Com Asia took prompt action to restore its network services after Taiwan's earthquake. With the support of its professional teams and strengthened partnership, NTT Com Asia was amongst the first providers succeeding in resuming network services to its customers after the earthquake. 99% of its customers regained network connections within 48 hours after the incident.
For free consultation, pricing estimate and IT needs assessment to optimize your business infrastructure, please contact us