NTT Communications to Launch
Telephone-Charge Information Service System
for PBX Users
|NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com) today announced that from September 1 it will commence a service that enables the calculation and analysis of telephone charges of multiple carriers according to extension number or business divisions/departments via a network. The service, dubbed Com Net Account Service, is designed for PBX users. It is priced at 50,000 yen per month per PBX*1.
NTT Com has previously provided a telephone-charge analysis software called the Billing Manager*2.
With the service, various communications information output by the PBX installed at the customers site will be collected at a remote billing center, the Com Net Account Center, using NTT Coms device to collect data. Collected data will be processed at the center according to extension numbers or business divisions/departments, which will then be transmitted to the users via the Internet. Previously costly functions, such as system alteration that accompany changes in telecom charges, and management of multiple carriers telecom charges, both of which required devices to be installed at the customers sites, can now be used more cheaply and efficiently because the new service will provide the functions via a network.
The service will initially include NTT Coms international-call charges, and eventually be expanded to include other service charges (please see Attachment for details of the Com Net Account Service).
Compatibility with multiple vendors:
The service is compatible with multiple PBX manufacturers, with some exceptions.
Compatibility with multiple sites:
The service can manage PBXs of multiple offices.
Compatibility with multiple carriers*3:
The service can also calculate international, domestic and mobile charges of other major carriers.
Compatibility with network:
Users will access the Com Net Account Center via a network and can download telephone-usage information up to the previous day of every month. Also, alteration of extension numbers can be input by the users themselves.
Accurate cost management:
1) Users can confirm telephone-billing information for any month and up to the previous day.
2) In case of telephone charges alteration, NTT Com will apply the newest charges.
1) Illegal access will be supervised through password authentication when logging in and via firewall.
2) Service will be provided at Com Net Account Center, which is highly secured, equipped with a backup power source, and fortified against earthquakes.
3) Backup of the server to collect telephone-billing data will be performed by an external memory device.
4) High-security transmission ensures that customer data will remain confidential.
The above service applies only to users of NTT Coms telephone services. The users will be required to use and have the following services and facilities in order to use Com Net Account Service:
1) 64 kb/s ISDN network for collecting telephone-billing data
2) 100 V electric-power supply for a device to collect telephone-billing data and its storage space
3) Personal computer terminal for Internet access, and network-access and communications charges
4) Billing data on magnetic media provided by designated carriers if users want to check data with multiple carriers
*1 Network access and communications charges will be required separately depending on usage condition.
*2 Billing Manager:
Software for collecting and analyzing telephone-charges data. It is provided free of charge to subscribers of Arcstar Business Discount, Members Net Super Discount, and other services.
*3 Initially, some carriers charges will not be applied.