Enacted on Apr 1st 2005
Last Revised on June 20th 2012
NTT Communications Corporation
President Akira Arima
The personal information of the customer ("Personal Information") provided by the customer to NTT Communications Corporation ("Company") will be managed by CSO who is responsible for controlling Personal Information.
1. Company will comply with laws and standards concerning the protection of Personal Information, and take all necessary measures to protect the Personal Information of the customer.
2. Company will properly obtain Personal Information on the customer verbally, in writing, through electronic records, audio recording or video-taping or by other means. (In addition to Company directly obtaining Personal Information from the customer, Company will also obtain Personal Information indirectly from sources other than the customer.)
Please note that Company may record telephone conversations with the customer, in order to ensure accuracy in receiving orders, opinions and requests from the customer and to enhance future services.
3. The purposes of using Personal Information
Company will utilize Personal Information properly within the following purposes.
(Personal Information registered by Company)
- with respect to the Company’s services, a) for confirmation of the individual’s identity, b) for billing purposes, c) for notification purposes in connection with changes of charges and service conditions, installation dates, service suspension, and contract termination, and d) for any other purpose necessary for the provisioning of the services;
- with respect to the Company’s services, a)to conduct sale promotions ,b) to offer proposals, c) to provide consultation , d) to conduct customer surveys and e) to send promotional materials or gifts, etc. by means including the use of telephone, email and postal services;
- for the purpose of improving Company’s services and for developing new services;
- to answer any questions or provide consultation as may be requested by the customer.
(Other Personal Information)
- for purposes of improving Company’s services and for developing new services;
- to answer any questions or provide consultation as may be requested by the customer;
- with respect to the Company’s services, a) to conduct sales promotions b) to offer proposals c) to provide consultation , d) to conduct customer surveys and e) to send promotional materials or gifts, etc. by means including the use of telephone, email and postal services
In addition to the purposes for using Personal Information listed above, Company may from time to time specify other use purposes through provisioning of services and customer surveys.
Furthermore, Company may use Personal Information within the above scope of use, even after the telecommunications services contract or other contracts have been terminated with the customer.
4. To manage Personal Information properly, Company will protect Personal Information provided by the customer through continuous efforts to:
1) maintain internal regulations and internal management system to protect Personal Information,
2) provide employee training, and
3) take appropriate measures against illegal access, loss, destruction, falsification, and disclosure of Personal Information.
5. Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information
2) Company will disclose and provide Personal Information to NTT Finance Corporation ("NTT Finance") to the extent reasonably necessary for NTT Finance to collect claims arising out from telecommunications service provided by Company, on the condition that such claims will be comprehensively transferred and assigned from Company to NTT Finance in accordance with each service agreement entered into between customers and Company, as well as assignment agreement entered into between Company and NTT Finance.
3) In respect of 1) and 2) above, subject to the Personal Information Protection Law, the Telecommunications Business Act, and other applicable laws and regulations, Company will verify that each subcontractor and/or NTT Finance to which Personal Information is to be disclosed and provided from Company has implemented the measures necessary to protect Personal Information, and take all appropriate and necessary actions including but not limited to entering into appropriate agreement with such subcontractor and/or NTT Finance to protect Personal Information.
4) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated above, Company may disclose and provide Personal Information to government authorities, including but not limited to any court or police if required or requested properly pursuant to any applicable law or order.
6. Helpdesk Services
If you wish to request disclosures (disclosure, amendment, addition, deletion, suspension of usage, or suspension of provision to third parties) of Personal Information provided to us, please see the following website. Company will respond to your request in a timely manner. Please note that with respect to customer requests for disclosure of Personal Information, 1,000 yen including tax per subscriber line will be charged as a processing fee. Additional processing fees may be charged if disclosure is requested in an irregular way.
For any inquiries regarding protection of Personal Information please see the following website.
(Inquiries via the website)
7. Qualified personal information protection organization
Company is a member of the Zaidan Hojin Nihon Data Tsushin Kyokai (Japan Data Communications Association), an authorized organization to protect Personal Information. Any thoughts or comments regarding the way Company manages Personal Information can be sent to the contact below.
Company is the certificated business entity for the right to use of ’Privacy Mark’ representing a company that maintains systems for the appropriate handling of personal information.