Systems to Support OBP
Compliance / Human Rights / Information Security
To practice OBP definitely as an organization, compliance with laws and regulations, establish corporate ethics policy, cultivate human rights cultures, and as a global ICT company, improve information security is our top priority.
NTT Group Corporate Ethics Charter
- Recognizing the establishment of corporate ethics as one of its most important missions, top management shall exert its leadership to ensure that the spirit of this Charter is adopted throughout the Company, and shall assume full responsibility for solving any problems when any event inconsistent with that spirit occurs.
- Every person with subordinate employees shall not only act in a self-disciplined manner, but shall also always provide guidance and assistance to his/her subordinate staff to ensure that their conduct is in conformity with our corporate ethics.
- Every officer and employee of the NTT Group shall not only comply with all laws and regulations, social standards, and internal company rules whether in Japan or overseas, but officers and employees shall also hold the highest ethical philosophy within himself/herself both in public and in any private situations. Among other things, each officer and employee, as an officer or employee of a member of a Global Information Sharing Corporate Group, shall keep himself/herself fully aware that any disclosure of customer or other internal privileged information constitutes a materially wrongful act. Also, as a member of a group of companies which holds great social responsibilities, he/she shall strictly refrain from giving or receiving from customers, business partners, and other interested parties excessive gratuities.
- Each NTT Group company, at the first opportunity, shall take initiatives to provide training programs in order to help its officers and employees enhance their awareness of our corporate ethics.
- Every officer and employee of NTT Group shall direct his/her efforts to prevent wrongful or scandalous acts which may potentially occur as specialization and advancement of our business proceeds. Each NTT Group company shall improve its system to prevent such acts, including, for instance, the re-assignment of contract representatives who have remained with the same customers for a long period of time, and the improvement of monitoring tools to protect customer and other information.
- Any officer or employee who may come to know of the occurrence of any wrongful act or any scandal shall promptly report the wrongful act or scandal to his/her superior or other appropriate persons. If he/she is not able to make such a reporting, he/she may contact the "Corporate Ethics Help Line* (Consulting Center)." It should be noted that every officer and employee who reports the occurrence of any wrongful act or scandal shall be protected so that the reporting party shall not suffer any negative consequences due to such reporting.
- In the event of an occurrence of any wrongful act or scandal, each NTT Group company shall be committed to the settlement of the problem by taking appropriate steps through a speedy and accurate fact finding process, and responding in a timely, suitable, and transparent manner in order to fulfill its social accountability.
Building a framework to promote corporate ethics:
- Establishment of the Compliance Committee (secretariat: Legal and Internal Audit Department)
- Appointment of a person in charge to reinforce compliance in each organization
- Establishment of the Global Compliance Rule
Investigating injustices and offenses:
- Establishment of NTT Communications Group Hotline
Raising awareness about corporate ethics:
- Offering opportunities to learn about corporate ethics, including training programs for all employees, programs tailored to particular management grades, and external classes/lectures
- Soliciting compliance slogans
NTT Group Human Rights Charter
We recognize that the respect for human rights is a corporate responsibility and aim to create a safe, secure and rich social environment by fulfilling its responsibility.
- We respect internationally recognized humanrights, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in all company activities.
- We responsibly respect for human rights by efforts to reduce any negative impacts on human rights holders. We respond appropriately when negative impacts on human rights occur.
- We aim to not be complicit in infringing human rights, including being involved in discrimination, directly or indirectly.
- hen negative impacts on human rights are done by a business partner and are linked to a product or service of the NTT group, we will expect them to respect human rights and not to infringe on them.
The NTT Communications Group, to create a rich corporate culture that respects human rights as a global company, regards the solution of human rights-related problems as one of its most important tasks. The company seeks the resolution of these problems through its daily activities and will not tolerate any form of discrimination within the company.
Establishment and implementation of human rights protection measures:
- Soliciting and adoption of human rights slogans
- On-site training
Planning and operation of human rights protection training
Human rights protection training programs for all employees, top managers, and leaders, and programs aimed at prevention of sexual/power harassment (abuse of authority)
Providing counseling for human rights-related issues
NTT Communications Security Declaration
Our most important mission, in addition to protecting information that is vital to our customers and providing services they know are safe, is contributing to an enhancement of our customers' security system. We regard security as our top priority in providing services to our customers, and we pledge to work with them to achieve an optimum security system. We will do our utmost to ensure security in all phases of the value chain from technology and service development to establishment and operation. Furthermore, as ICT professionals, each one of us will raise our capabilities to respond to security-related issues.
We regard security as our top priority in providing services to our customers, and we will do our utmost to enhance their security.
As an ICT solution partner entrusted with our customers' vital information, we will work with them at all times to ensure their security.
Business partners and contract employees are also important supporting members of NTT Communications. We will therefore collectively strive to ensure our own security.
Information Protection Policy
In order to provide appropriate protection of private information, NTT Communications has formulated the Information Protection Policy set out below.
- Appropriate procedures shall be followed in the creation, accumulation, usage, and provision of information.
- Measures shall be taken to prevent unauthorized access to and loss, damage, modification, or leakage of information.
- All laws and regulations governing the handling of information shall be strictly observed.
- Rules pertaining to the handling of information shall be properly organized and constantly reviewed.
- NTT Communications shall ensure that all relevant personnel shall adhere to the document regulations pertaining to the handling of information.