Brief History of NTT Corporation
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Public Corporation launched
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation privatized
- NTT Corp. listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE)
- NTT Data Communications System Corporation (now NTT DATA) launched
- NTT Mobile Communications Network, Inc. (now NTT DOCOMO) launched
- NTT DATA listed on TSE
- NTT DOCOMO listed on TSE
- NTT Communications founded
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation traces its roots back to 1869 when the telegraph was first introduced in Japan. Originally, NTT was a government-owned monopoly, and it was in 1985 that NTT was privatized. Since then, the company has been diversifying into new markets, forming new subsidiaries and developing leading-edge technologies.
Details of NTT Group
The NTT Group led by NTT Corporation has six major subgroups:
- NTT Communications(Long distance & International Communication, ICT Solutions)
- Dimension Data (Managed ICT Service)
- NTT DOCOMO (Mobile Communication)
- NTT Data (Application Integration)
- NTT East (Regional Communication)
- NTT West (Regional Communication)
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, NTT Communications Corporation was founded in 1999 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world's largest telecommunication companies.
NTT Communications Group has subsidiaries and offices in 102 cities in 39 countries/regions and 17,850 employees worldwide.